Saturday, October 2, 2010

Back from the Artwalk

Well that was fun! I got to see a fair number of local artists and their work and spent much of the time talking with a local comic book artist about his work and even spent a bit of time getting his perspective on some of the things we talked about in class. He gave me some recommendations for additional authors with a great spiritual context to their works that might be ones to look into for my research paper. I'll have to look them up tomorrow and see if they will generate an idea for my research paper. A topic still eludes me as I haven't found a narrow enough topic that actually interests me yet. Hopefully as we continue with the class readings something will jump out at me. I am anxious to get started on the extra reading so I can work on it more now while I have the free time.

I picked up a copy of the recent movie adaptation for The Spirit today at the video store. I did not hear a lot of good things about it when it first came out but it came out at the theaters around the same time as Watchmen so it may have just been the competition. I enjoyed Eisners A Contract With God but I am sure this will be in a much different vein. I believe it was in a video we watched in class where The Spirit was mentioned as having been drawn in a cinematic style and considering its long time popularity I have high hopes for this movie yet. If it lives up to them I'll port about it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment